01 June 2009

Work just got better...

Everyone knows I work for an NGO... but no one knows what I do. Some believe I do Animation, some think I do Graphics Designing, still some - Web Designing and still some more - 'Some IT Thing...' well so to let you all know what I do, I am the IT Administrator for this org. And recently my work got a lot more fun and interesting rather than just teaching my computer illiterate people how to switch 'on' their computer. As some of us are aware how our organisation has been planning to shift into a Linux Environment, and I have been really busy in this transition. Today my boss gave me a laptop and got Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) installed on it. So my new mission for the next 2 months is to run thru this Operating Systems and find all the possible alternative softwares/applications to that of what we currently use and also research on the codecs for audio as well as visual that we can run on this system. I think its really really exciting, as I was looking forward for a change in my monotonous work culture.

2 comments:

pj said...

Good for you man.Glad to know at least someone's excited about work.Most people crib about it.
Work's interesting when you are doing what you always wanted to do:)

Jesse Alex said...

Thanks Pj... yeah its fun.. :)