19 June 2009

In The Studio - Day 2

So it was 'Day 2' today at By Grace Studios. My engineer, Mr. Nyzel was on a week's vacation out to mangalore for a music retreat. Yeah he sure did have fun, I could see that on his work today ;)
I worked on the bass parts for 'All I Need' and it was terrific. I thought I did awful by taking an hour and half recording the parts for the whole song, but Nyzel comforted me by saying that there were bassists who take more than 3 hours to record a song. That sure is comforting for someone who was playing the bass for the first time in a recording studio. I had got my Yamaha Rx170 4 string bass to the studio, but Nyzel wanted me to use his 5 String Fender Jazz Bass. As he felt the Fender had more thick sound to it, and sure he was damn right. It was a total honor to play with one of those beauties. So we are still on Track 1 'All I Need' and so far we have finished with the Drums and Bass, got lot of guitar work to be finished tomorrow and the vocals the day after. So stay in tuned here to read more about what's happening on this project.

2 comments:

Diana D'Souza said...

Awesome buddy !

U seem to be making great progress on the songs ...

btw ... where is the recording studio and are spectators permitted ????

Jesse Alex said...

Hey Diana.. its in Orlem... and spectators aren't really permitted without my permission.. :P he he

but I get distracted if we have spectators so am sorry... :)