18 June 2009

Strange... but true.

Yesterday I happen to meet my ex-colleague and a good friend, Virginia. She had come to meet my boss and spend the evening with me in my office. I always had a love-hate relationship with Virginia. We didn't gel quite well when we first met, but gradually began to get along. What surprised me was, the excitement and the joy I felt on meeting her. Why was that hug so warm? Why do I feel so nice meeting her? Why was there this great pleasure in meeting her?

I began to read into it, and I realized its quite strange but true. If there is any two people you think who can't stand each other, the only best way to bring peace within them is to put them together working on a project for 6 months, and separate them. I bet my ass on it, they will miss each other like crazy. I think it was the same with Virginia and me. We had our own differences but we worked closely on the project. We worked so closely that somewhere down the line we began to understand each other and without our knowledge became friends. I quiet didn't realize it until she left the organization. But I learned something, its really not that tough to get along with someone. You just need to work it out a lil bit... :)

3 comments:

Joel J. C. said...

Words from the wise??!! :P Certainly seems true...

Jesse Alex said...

I really think im becoming Ross now... he he... :D

Joel J. C. said...

When the option of breaking away doesn't exist, 'tis amazing the things we can do to make relationships work, yea??!!