12 November 2008

The Guy Who Checked Out Rob...


Yesterday was a crazy day... we had gone to stitch a tuxedo for my cuz Rob. So we are here at a place in Bandra with another friend Carmeline who believes she knows Bandra 'in and out' but didn't know which platform leads where...

We looked thru certain materials after browsing thru a magazine. I was indeed surprised that we could zero onto the fabric in just 20mins. I thought having a woman with us would mean we would be lallygagging around the shop for at least an hour and a half... but now I believe if it was just the guys we would have done it in quicker... say 10 minutes?

So this guy calls in his tailor by the name 'Master' who comes to measure Rob. I haven't heard a name Master in a long time only but in Chinese Martial Arts Movies... so I was little dissapointed to see our 'Master'. He was a short guy.. say 5'5 tall with a paunch that reminded me of our adorable Panda (read Kunfu Panda). But then who am I to judge... If the Panda can be the master so can be our 'Master'.

Our 'Master' took out his measuring tape and began to measure him (obviously duh.. what else can u do with the measuring tape other than use it to measure) and began to dictate the measures to the owner of the store who was taking it down on a peice of paper. It was all normal until 'Master' measured his chest... and it was 40 inches. The owner on listening to that was just floored... he said he could'nt believe that Rob had that huge chest... he didn't stop there... he went to admire Rob with how great is that... and how he never had an opportunity to stitich a tux for chest that wide before. It got worse when he realized that Rob's waist was just 34 Inches. And he began admiring more... he went on saying... "WOW... 6 Inches difference between the Chest and the waist... never seen that before..." Poor Rob was getting really uncomfortable... but I am really glad the guy wasnt gay... or Ann wouldnt have left him alive...

It was one hillarious moment we don't wanna forget and one moment Rob never want to experience again... Anyway since you guys have read so much about Rob here... I thought I should put his picture so you guys know what we are talking about...

Ladies and Gentlemen (I meant only the 'gentle' men) Please welcome my cuz... ROB....


P.S.
The guy also said... Rob has got a good 'FIGURE'
              (Ann are you reading this)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I knew where the platform was and also if I wasn't with you guys you probably would've been in there for an hour and I would have to come and rescue Rob from that tailor who kept saying that Rob has a good 'figure'.

Jesse Alex said...

Yeah Sorry guys.. forgot that mention that... He did say.. ROb had a good 'FIGURE'

HA HA HA HA HA

Shruti said...

Lol good figure... ! .. Rob wud surely never run outta options ;-)