08 May 2009

Windows 7 :: Pretty Neat

I read this article on newspaper the other day that Microsoft is allowing everyone to download Windows 7 for free for a year. So I got this copy of windows 7 today from a friend of mine and installed it on VmWare on my machine. Though I am a big Linux Fan I was pretty surprised and impressed with Windows 7. I still have to explore the OS but so far, good. The OS takes comparatively half the time to install and load its boot files than Windows Vista. And it runs perfectly on a 1Gb Memory machine without chocking the resource too much. I liked the interface too they tried to incorporate a few styles from Red Hat but had the trademark Windows touch to it. So I have left a copy of my windows desktop screenshot here. Please note that as I was operating on the Virtual Machine I had no access to the net and thus couldnt activate the package.

1 comment:

pj said...

"windows-pretty neat"..u sayin that??:P

hey btw cool picture!:D