05 May 2009

When the world almost turned grey.


I woke up at 7.30am today when my mom woke me up. We had to take my aunt to the hospital to get her stitches off. She had her brain surgery a week ago and is doing good but her left side is still inactive due to the paralytic stroke she suffered. Hence we lift her up on a chair and get her down 3 floors. Usually when I help her carry down I am accompanied by my cuz Rob or our building watchman Bhadur. Both of them are very muscular and strong. and thus its easy to carry my aunt down 3 floors. But today when I had no one to accompany, but my aunt's husband. Who is in his 60s and not strong enough to be doing something like this He did manage to carry a bit but most of it was on me. We hardly stepped down to the 2nd floor and I had this terrible catch on my back because of the awkward position I was carrying her down. I still managed to get it down somehow. And when we were down on the ground floor. My uncle went to get the car and I was standing there trying to breathe. I never experienced something like this in a long time. The last time I experienced was when I fainted in our local train going to work once. That was the first time I had ever fainted.

So I was sweating profusely and my vision got blurred. My cousin sister began to make fun of me saying I looked like a Bollywood Hero when he comes to avenge the murder of his girlfriend... :P
But it wasn't really funny to me. I sat down on the streets there. Seeing that my cousin asked me what I was doing? I just pretended to be cool and replied to her, "its cool to sit on the streets... people do that in Ireland." Soon after they got the car and we put aunt in and and they took her to the hospital. I got home and had my breakfast and felt better. That experience was totally weird and I was sick but for some reason that feeling was awesome. I just wished I was at home and not on the streets then. The moment my vision went blur I felt myself so light and I was totally high. To be honest... it was really cool...

No comments: