16 February 2009

How Did My Valentine Day Go?

Valentine's day... not really much of a happening day for me. I really never got to have a Valentine Day with my girlfriend ever when we were dating. But its always a nice time to spend with your friends and loved ones. The people who really make you feel special on this special day...

As you all know (all the folks who read my blog religiously) that the last few years haven't been really happening for me. On Vday 2007 I wrote and recorded songs in a studio, that was one of the best times I ever had (read about it here). But this year it was a lil different. One of my friend who celebrated her birthday on the same day, asked me out. Well it wasn't a date or something, just a beautiful time with my friend. So then we got into a rick and drove towards 'The HUB' at Goregaon.


While we were travelling in the rick she began to cover her face up to protect herself from the dreaded pollution of the Mumbai Streets. It began to worry me as I didnt want the cops to mistake us for some Qaida militants on the loose... But then it got interesting when she wore these sun-glasses over them... and it was totally funny and reminded me of Monica (from FRIENDS) of that episode where she tries on the turkey to amuse chandler... should tell you... it was a pretty funny sight but I didnt laugh... but it got difficult when she said that this is what all the hot babes did to protect their skin...

So we reach at Hub by 10.15am and we buy the tickets for '7 Pounds' for the morning show (begining at 10.30am) and 'Marley & Me' for the afternoon show (begining at 1pm)


The movie began at sharp 10.30am and ended at right 12.30pm, leaving us just half hour to finish off with lunch so we could be on time for the 2nd show. We placed the order by 12.35 but by the time I recieved my order it was 12.55pm. I tried eating as fast as possible but managed to burn my tongue... and hence went easy with the pastas. We finished the lunch by 1.15 and missed the begining 15mins of the movie.

We got done with our movie at 3pm and then we were just window shopping around the mall.. checking out stuff in there... we left the mall by 3.30pm with a takeway meal from Mcdonalds.

I reached church for our practise by 4pm... and finished with it by 7pm. Soon after that I met Mike... and spend some time with him chatting as usual and enjoying some 'seek kabaabs' from Ustaad's corner.

By the time I returned home it was 9.30pm and I remembered all the people I had not wished the day... and began calling them up. I am glad they were very gracious to me accepting my apology...

It was one mad hectic day I had in a long time.. but it was nice... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a true Joey! You had two lunches!

Jesse Alex said...

Yeah cos the pastas werent enough.... he he