11 February 2009

Fun In Unpredictability




It so happened last Friday... Everything seemed as usual, I attended by Red Hat training at 7am and reported to work by 11.15am. I didn't really have anything particular in mind about what the day in store for me. I thought perhaps I would return home and laze around in front of my computer. But my 2pm Ajay pings me on gtalk and asks me if I am available to play the bass guitar for a gig that evening at Bandra, as their bass guitarist wasn't available for the evening. I asked what time is the gig and he replied it would begin at 6.30pm and I had to report by 4.30pm for the sound check.

I casually checked with my boss if there was any chance I could leave a little early for the gig. My boss was too cool to give me a break. I left from work by 3.30pm and reached Bandra, the National College Auditorium right on time with Abigail. We didn't get to do a quick rehearsal and played most of the songs Live. It was one crazy night... we loved every moment of it. It was a wonderful time with some of my friends and fellow musicians...

But the best part was the unpredictability of that day... with the surprising turn of events that unfolded that day. It was an amazing feeling. I so hope every day would be a very unpredictable packed with lots of surprises just like this.

No comments: