15 August 2011

Love Actually.. is all around..


Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around

The above quote from the movie "Love Actually" is so true. Today, I went to the airport to pick up one of our senior pastors, Ravi Raj who had come to visit our ailing pastor Christopher. I always loved visiting the airport. I love the whole atmosphere in an airport.. with so many people greeting each other. Some bidding goodbye's and some welcoming other back home. Young students returning from overseas, businessmen talking on their phones and chalking out their next move, grandparents visiting their grand kids, young couples excited about their honeymoon and their time they look forward to spend together.... you find all kinds of people. And so true to the above quote, not once do you see an air of hate in the atmosphere. I really think if you ever feel life sucks, or not worth living, take a walk to the nearest airport and that will change your perspective towards it.

No comments: