16 August 2011

Death is inevitable..

Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange..
 So I woke up today, with the intention of skipping work and resting at home as I had a terrible cold. Spend most of my day trying to sleep but finally succeeded at around 1pm, only to be woke up by my brother to say 'Pastor Christopher was no more'. If you remember, I had mentioned him in my previous post. He was battling cancer and lost to it but not to his purpose in life. It was quite a shocking news for all of us. None of us expected it. It felt like it was all a bad dream and everything would be fine once someone woke me up from it. But nobody woke me up yet!

Pastor Christopher passed away about 2.30pm today. Soon enough we got the news all of us friends gathered to his place to comfort his wife and their 2 children. Losing a loved one is never easy, but there was a comfort we all experienced that is difficult to explain. Pastor Ravi Raj who had come to visit Christopher had to leave that evening. Hence I along with a friend drove him to the airport by around 6pm and picked up Christopher's son, Joel who was in Goa at about 8pm. We stayed at their place until it was past 11pm after feeding them dinner and consoling them. But there was something that his wife shared that was very comforting. She said, before he died he knew his time had arrived. And I have seen this quite often that when a believer (someone who believes in the Lord Jesus) dies he always sees the Angels who come to receive them and they exactly know the moment when their time is up. Pastor Christopher too did see the angels come to take him back home and that my friend I realized what is the 'blessed hope we have in Christ'.

No comments: