28 October 2009

How do I make friends?

There is one question that I have been asked by so many people - How do I make friends? We all need friends, and we all need to know how to make friends, especially when we move to a new place, a new school, a new college, new church, new workplaces, new building... no man is an island. He needs somebody. I don't know why people ask me this question, perhaps its because I can make friends easily, and maybe because I can just talk to almost any kinda person whether they are old, young, highly educated, not so educated.. I realized this pretty late in my life that it was a gift that I could do that, considering the fact that I stammer. So today I thought about it and have jotted down these steps that I think I follow when meeting a new person.

Step1: Greet the person with a smile - Nobody likes a grumpy face. A smiling face always welcomes.

Step2: Introduce yourself - just a casual introduction about yourself.

Step3: Listen carefully - when you introduce yourself the other person would also introduce himself/herself. Listen carefully and pay attention to every single word the person is talking to you.

Step4: Find out his/her passion/interests - Based on the conversation you are having, listen carefully and find out what are the person's passion and interests.

Step5: Ask Questions - Ask questions that the person would love to answer.

Step6: Give an open ear - Always give an open ear. Everyone likes to be with someone who listens to them.

Step7: Follow up - Do bump into the person occasionally and follow Step 3 thru Step 6.

Take care to follow these 7 steps very carefully and you will have surely won a friend.. :)

5 comments:

pj said...

Jess,u can add just one more thing..."Remember what they say or ask you to do"...LOL :P

Jesse Alex said...

PJ.. this is about how to make friends.. once they are ur friends u can chill out a lil bit.. then if u forget sometimes to burn them a cd its not a big deal... ha ha...

just kiddin... (Hugs) :)

pj said...

yea so was I :P :)

AG said...

do they work :P

Jesse Alex said...

It sure works for me... ;)
ask my friends... well actually it depends on the person's charm too.. I can't help it if I am too talented for this :P
HA HA HA!!