27 October 2008

How Fast Is Our Human Brain?




Yesterday my ex-girlfriend visited our church. I was pretty cool as I am already over her now. So I went up to meet her to be polite. I was very casual when she grabbed me and gave me a quick peck on each of my cheek. She never hugged me while we were seeing each other, so was indeed a surprise when she leaned forward this time.

But that wasn't a big deal for me, but when she leaned forward it was her fragrance that took me on a drive to the past... It was like a slide show of our memories, of our time we spend together... all in a sec. I could see all that we went thru in our relation in just a sec. Never had I experienced like this before.

This is when I realized, how fast does our brain process? does our brain function always in the present tense...? or how is that our brain could scan through our entire lifetime of events in just a sec?

It's really spooky and interesting... but guess some things are beyond our understanding... and perhaps only the creator knows his creation the best... :)

No comments: