14 October 2008

Goodbye Old Memories... :'(

My uncle and aunty were here to stay with us for a week. Not a pretty sight actually. They come from a little village in Kerala and life is completely different for them. They found my way of living my life pretty unusual. They found our life too fast to deal with. I was observed as a guy who is very busy with work and friends and harldy spends time with Family.

Well since it was just for a week, I didn't mind. I just kept quite and gave it in. But even if I am quiet thats something abnormal for them. They would want me to talk to me... anything... something...

Today they were leaving. I was glad they were. It was definitely nice spending time with them, but the cultural differences does take a toll over you after sometime. During his stay with us he had observed an old phone of mine which was lying around. While leaving he asked me for this phone. I couldnt really reject the request too. But as I put a sim card to check if the phone is working, it broke my heart.

My phone contained messages which were almost 2 years old. I was drawn back to the past... to our good old days... Beauitful and warm messages from some of my friends with whom I was really close once upon a time and now drifted away. Messages which speak about our friendship, our relation, our time together. It was pretty hard to let go off it... especially after you see it after years.

I guess this incident taught me how life is... You find someone, you get close... but somewhere down the line you drift away... Some do stay, some just go away.

But then there is always a new dawn to every morning... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, hugs hun :)

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean... both about the relatives as well as the old messages..

Jesse Alex said...

who would not understand me better than you cal... :)