10 August 2009

Crazy Busy Weekend...

Vio, Mike, Gina, Chris at Silver CoinLast weekend was pretty terrific and lovely... it all started with my friend Carmeline's birthday on friday. We gave her a pretty good surprise throwing her a party, which lasted pass 1 am. I woke up at 9am the next morning, watched a couple of episodes of 'How I met your mother' and headed off to a lunch with Mike and the gang. One of our friends, Christopher had come to the city for a few days and so we met up for lunch. It was a wonderful time we spend talking about our childhood memories.

We talked about how as kids we fought with our siblings, troubled our teachers atBarney & Ted school and how we all were a mischievous lot and tried doing the impossible things. Some of the things I am not sure if I can post it here due to privacy issues.. but soon after that I had my church band rehearsal. Finishing that came back and watched more of 'How I met your mother'. Yeah I love watching it, but its so cool and besides Barney reminds me of my Animation professor Mr. Lloyd from Arena Multimedia. Lloyd used to try to hook me up with all the women I met just as Barney tries to hook up Ted with every girl he comes across with.

Sunday we had a good worship, after which Laura, Dave and I gave Katherine a farewell lunch as she is leaving back to London next week. There was this very funny thing that we encountered. When Dave, Kath and I picked this rickshaw the rickshaw driver just looked back and saw these white folks and immediately pulled out a mask and wore it. It was so hilarious to find this guy trying to cover up in order to protect himself from the Swine Flu...

Laura joined us at Silver Coin, she had to catch a flight at 3pm but she stayed with us until 1.30pm. There was this really interesting thing I witnessed at the restuarent. I was having Chicken Steak while these folks were having Roti and veg Kadaai. It was such a cross culture thing - me using the fork and the knife and having a western meal while these folks using their fingers to have an Indian meal. It was a lovely time again.

I came back home and joined for a 2nd lunch time with the guests I had my home. Well, Katherine already had predicted about that when she came to know I had butter chicken and Chicken Tandoori prepared at home. Well I didnt wanna prove her wrong... so I did have a second lunch at home... ;)


No comments: