23 April 2009

This Moment... That Year...




It's been 2 years now but I still cant get over Dublin... the beautiful city that stole my heart away. Yeah its actually literally like that. So now as the day arrives this year I cant help myself but cherish those moments I had then.

I was supposed to fly on the 28th April 2008 (Saturday) by the 2.50am flight but I received my VISA only on 27th April at 7.30pm. And I am still at work. I was still wondering how do I come home, pack up my bags and leave in 2 hours... when my boss got it postponed to 30th April 2008 (Monday) for 2.50am. So I could attend church that sunday and by evening I had all my friends come to meet me. It was an awesome feeling.

Though I was flying outside the country for the first time, I wasn't really excited about the flight. Cos I was too busy preparing for my days there. My mind was all pre-occupied with everything I had to do when I land in Dublin. So the initial 2 hours of my journey was the most lousiest. Cos I wasnt really thinking about Dublin but just about my work. So then I reached the airport by 11pm and was listening to my cd player until 1.30am. I boarded the plane by 2.30am. And exactly at 2.50am the plane moved away from the gate and took off. Just then it sank in me that I was moving away from my country... I was flying to Dublin...

At 3.15am I had my meals, which I don't remember but it was cool. At 3.30am they put on a sad Salman Khan starer Bollywood movie. I believe I was the only in the flight who was watching the movie. I woke up at 8am to be welcomed by fresh warm breakfast and followed by another movie. I landed at Frankfurt airport by 7.50am. I walked around aimlessly around this massive airport for an hour killing my 2 hour stop-over time there. As I was window shopping I came across a Tommy Hilfiger Showroom. I bought myself a jacket for Euro 153.

By 10.15am I took my flight to Dublin. I arrived in Dublin airport at 11.30am. I got my immigration checks done by 12pm and I got my cab and got to my office in Dun Laoghaire. My Project Manager Sandra drove me home in her car and I was home by 1pm. Well there's so many things to write about but I don't want any of my friends/visitors to fall off to sleep reading them...

No comments: