16 February 2007

The Little Flower Girl

I was just on a date with this jewish girl from my work place the other day... wasnt really a date.. cos she is like my sister.. :p
well anyway I guess nothing wrong if you are going out for a movie with your sister.. ;) he he

So I was here with my friend for the movie... we were on our way in the rickshaw when we got stuck at the signal. And I saw this little girl selling roses.. she was so innocent and sweet... I just felt like buying those roses from her not realising what am I gonna do with it...
So I offered them to my friend... but she said she hated holding flowers.
So I called that girl back and gave the roses to her... and asked her to keep them.. I told her that it was a gift for her...
She was so delighted... was so sweet when she smiled back.. she was more than happy... and that smile just blessed me so much...

I realised that day... its not the money that these people long for... they just wished to be acknoledged.. they just want people to know that they existed...

It was one of the most beautiful day I had ever had... :)

Hope I continue to bring smiles on faces of people like this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those little kids that come selling flowers on the road...

Lioness said...

That is a heart-warming story=)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jesse Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.