13 May 2012

A birthday & Two Funerals


Today is my brother Christie's bday. He turned 25 and we had planned quite a lot of things for him. But then we got the news that one of my good friend, Benjie's grandmother passed away. I texted my condolences to Benjie and proceeded with the day when at about 4pm I got another call with a sad demise of one of our church member. Since we are part of the worship team it is mandatory for us to attend every funeral and conduct worship there. It wasn't quite a birthday we were expecting for my brother. But then something happened...

When a friend of mine called to wish him. She asked him so what are your plans for the day? And my brother without thinking answered, "Well I am going to lead worship at a funeral service." Normally I would feel awful to hear that. Well anyone would have. But that day when he said that I didn't feel it awful. I thought it was the awesome thing to do on a birthday. Something nobody would have ever done or perhaps thought of doing. What better way to have your birthday than by leading a funeral into worship. People who have come with a lost hope or none at all. People who are in grief of losing their loved one. I consider its an honor and privilege to lead them to worship and encourage them. To give them a hope in the Lord that not long and they will meet again. I am really glad he chose to lead at the funeral or God would have used somebody else to bless the broken ones. :)

No comments: