12 January 2011

Good Start

So the new year has been a pretty good start for me... and for the band.. The band has got 4 gigs so far for the month, one of them we had to refuse and hence 3 so far. So it so happens a few of my friends and I are enjoying dinner at Martin's Chinese Nook, when my brother Chris (who is also our band manager) got a call from Channel [V]. They said they loved our performance at Blue Frog and would love to have us at LaunchPad. Hence we registered for it, not really knowing what it was. On Sunday evening I was out for dinner at Pizza Hut with my friends Mr. & Mrs. Scott when we get a call from Channel [V] saying we have been shortlisted for Launchpad and that we need to perform the next day at B69 at 3pm.

Now that was indeed a shocker for most of us guys, cos we had to literally bunk work and play the gig. Well it happens I was the only one who had to bunk work, my vocalist went to work after the gig and the guitarist before. I had been sick since Sunday evening, so I told my boss I was sick and went for the gig. But it got worse there.. So I bought a bottle of cough syrup and drank it until I find relief for my throat.. I finished the entire bottle but never really found the relief, in fact my throat went dry during the gig and I had to hunt for a bottle of water. We left promptly after our slot was done. One of the reasons being I was drowsy having finished the whole bottle of the syrup. My friends said that I was performing drunk in the influence of Alcohol in the cough syrup. I did not really care for what they had to say, until I crashed after getting home and got a hangover the following day.

2 comments:

Pj said...

hehehe...loved the hangover pic!

And u drank the whole bottle of cough syrup?! really?? :O

Jesse Alex said...

yeah apparently it did not serve the purpose for what it is manufactured... which is heal my throat.. but it did get me drunk.. ha ha..