02 March 2009

And then I turned 25...

So this is the account of what happened hours before I turned 25 on March 01st 2009.

Friday evening I returned home after work and had this terrible headache because of the tough day at work. I hit the bed at 9pm only to be woken up by my boss about the antic we put up on Facebook. I really didn't sleep well after that. Saturday was pretty dull as I was really exhausted and tired. Mike came over in the morning and we talked a bit.. Carmeline was happy for everything that happened and thought 'God is just'. Afternoon I fell off to sleep while I was still having lunch with the plate in my hand. Was a terrible sight... never been thru something like that before. Evening we had our church practice as usual and then late evening I had went along with the IC folks to play guitar for a worship meet.

The worship meet was over by 9pm and we went out to Bamboo garden for dinner. Mike and Abi were make fun of me as Ben and Laveena began to take my case. But it was a nice evening with these sweet people. I came home by 11.30pm. And I began getting calls right after.

The first person to call me was my friend Scarlet who called me up at 11.50pm and continued until 12, as she wanted to be the first person to wish me. And then there were numerous other calls and sms following her. But this night too I couldn't sleep well. I have no idea why but I slept at 5.30am and woke up to go to church at 7am. Church was as usual. I didn't really feel anything special about this day. I came home after church and tried to sleep a bit but didn't really managed to get a wink as I had friends calling again to wish me. By evening 5pm I managed to get some rest only to be woken up by my grandma's arrival at 5.30pm. It was one of the most dullest day of my life until I went for the Youth Service in the evening.

The youth meet was fun... we didnt have the usual way. There was no word shared but we played games and had skit. After the youth meet I was taken over to Rob n Ann's place. When I entered the lights were out and the guys screamed 'SURPRISE!!!!" right into my ears... and I found this beautiful black forest with 7 candles displayed as 2 and 5 representing 25 on it. I cut the cake with everyone feeding me most of it. After the cutting of the cake we played a quiz game.. which is totally fun... i was really surprised to know how much we have known each other and how we have been really with each other for a long long time... and the more I think about it.. it becomes harder to think about being separated from each other.

Anyways... Joel won the quiz game.. obviously by cheating but he shared his gift with everyone. After which we played some more crazy games, had pizzas, posed for the camera... gave me group hugs, and tortured me by tickling me for over a minute... I thought I would die... And then they gave me the gifts they got for me.. the best one of it all was this one photo frame they gifted me where they collage all the pics of the people really close to me. It was the most beautiful thing ever... There are just so many people I would wanna be with at the same time but I can never be. But this photo frame was over whelming cos it had all the people I would love to be with on it.

All in all, all I can see is that this was my best birthday ever... and I wanna thank all of my special friends for making this day really special for me... I love all of you guys so much... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee!!!! Tickle tickle!!!